Incorporating Fresh Produce to Reach Health and Wellness Goals
As the weather warms up, why not incorporate new nutritional ideas into your diet? Spring is the perfect time to refresh your diet by embracing seasonal produce. Eating in-season fruits and vegetables can not only be more affordable, but it also allows you to experience peak flavor and nutritional value.
Many fruits and vegetables also contain fiber, vitamins, and minerals, which help support overall health. Eating a varied diet is crucial for optimal health and wellness, so try to include as many different foods as possible! Look for items such as artichokes, asparagus, avocados, broccoli, fennel, lettuce, and spinach at local grocery stores or farmers’ markets. Use these items to create new recipes that will bring fresh flavors into your kitchen.
To learn more about how you can eat healthy this season to reach your health and wellness goals, contact our team today at (504) 475-9817.
Tips for a Nourishing Diet
There are plenty of ways you can adopt a healthier diet by incorporating more fresh foods you love. Here are some of our favorite tips and tricks:
- Replace heavy winter foods with lighter fare: Swap hearty carbs like mashed potatoes for quinoa salad, and swap thick stews for lighter soups. This will help your body feel lighter and more energized.
- Fill your plate with more produce: Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables can boost energy levels, help reduce junk food cravings, provide essential vitamins and minerals, and increase dietary fiber to keep you feeling full longer.
- Step outside your comfort zone: Try cooking new recipes or experimenting with spices to get out of any culinary ruts. This will add variety to meals throughout the week.
- Reduce sugar intake: Cut back on processed sugary foods such as cookies, candy, ice cream, and soda, while increasing fresh fruit servings to satisfy sweet cravings.
- Eat mindfully: Slow down when eating, savor each bite, chew thoroughly, and avoid multi-tasking while eating. Don't forget to appreciate the food that’s nourishing you!
Additional Advice for a Healthier Spring
The beauty of spring is the perfect chance to take advantage of healthier life choices. Get creative by taking daily walks around the neighborhood, joining an outdoor exercise class, or even starting a garden.
Some healthy food items to consider adding to your plate include leafy greens, lean proteins like fish, nuts and beans, whole grains, seasonal fruit, and low-fat dairy products. When planning meals with these foods in mind, try to make half of your plate fruits or vegetables and the other half full of lean proteins and complex carbohydrates.
Adding certain spices and herbs to your meals can increase metabolism, reduce inflammation, and improve digestion, making it easier to lose weight and maintain your desired weight goals. Having small meals throughout the day can also keep the metabolic fire going, and should be followed by an even-paced exercise regime, which will help convert stored fat into energy. Eating a variety of nutrient-dense foods will keep you feeling fit so you can take on your springtime activities with ease!
Lifestyle Changes That’ll Keep You Feeling Energized
Switching up your diet isn’t just about losing weight – it’s about adopting more nutritional choices to achieve a healthier lifestyle overall. For additional assistance reaching and maintaining your weight loss goals, our team can help.
Contact Soza Weight Loss at (504) 475-9817 today to schedule a consultation.