When it comes to embracing a healthier lifestyle, many of us are often overwhelmed with food myths, particularly carbohydrates and how important it is to avoid them. However, the fact is that not all carbs are created equal and there are some you should absolutely keep or incorporate into your diet to ensure you are consuming all of the nutrients necessary for maintaining a healthy body. To provide a little guidance, we compiled a list of carbohydrates you can enjoy that will not ruin your weight goals.
Here are some healthy carbs you should consider incorporating into your meal plan:
- Barley: This fulfilling carb is not only good for you, but it is also effective in suppressing a person’s appetite, which means you will not feel hungry for a snack after you consume it.
- Acorn Squash: This vegetable serves up a third of the day’s fiber in a one-cup serving. According to Arizona State University researchers, the nutrients found in acorn squash can even boost the fat-burning effects of exercise.
- Legumes: Legumes include lentils, chickpeas, beans, and peas, all of which are excellent for belly-fat loss and effective in improving one’s bad cholesterol levels.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a tasty way to start the morning and, although it is undoubtedly loaded with carbs, the release of those sugars is slowed by fiber.
- Bananas: Everyone has, at some point, suffered from a little belly bloat. Eating a banana is a great way to fight back against the gas and water retention that causes belly bloat, which can help your stomach look less paunchy. They are also a great source of potassium and rich in glucose, which is a highly digestible sugar and provides quick energy.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are known for being a “slow carb,” which means they are digested slowly and help you feel full and energized for a longer period of time. They are also packed with fiber and nutrients that can help you burn fat.
Weight Loss Programs in Louisiana
At Soza Weight Loss, our New Orleans weight loss clinic believes in providing targeted solutions for rapid and long-lasting results, rather than on fad diets that only provide temporary results. This is because our methods involve all-natural plans that focus on an intake of low calorie and nutrient dense meals that are combined with natural medical supplements.
Call us at any of our convenient locations today and schedule a free consultation to get started!