Eating less is not as simple as you think.
No matter how dedicated you are or want to be in your weight loss goals, there are times where you give up to temptation. There are so many factors that influence our eating habits, such as the environment in which we eat (at a gathering or home), how much food is served, and even our emotional state or hunger.
However, you have the power to control these factors and urges. There are effective ways to trick your mind to eat less and keep your weight in check.
The following are useful tricks to eat less:
- Savor every bite. Focusing on every bite enables you to practice mindful eating, which is known reduce calorie intake. Slowing down even allows you to recognize your hunger and realize when you’ve had enough.
- Use smaller plates, bowls, and cups. Research has determined that those use larger sized dishes tend to consume more food. When you use smaller bowls, plates, and cups, you’ll serve and eat less without really realizing it.
- Portion your food. Instead of eating something straight out of the back or eat food without measuring how much you’ve consumed, use your measuring cups and your small dishes to keep track of your eating.
- Understand your weaknesses. If you know you have that one food that you can’t control overeating, it is imperative to know your pitfalls and take extra measures not to let your weakness harm your efforts. Make a list of all your temptations and execute action to avoid them at all costs.
- Keep a food diary. Studies have shown that dieters who have food journals lose twice as much weight as who those who did not. Recording what you eat on a daily basis can help you make more conscious choices, as well as hold yourself accountable.
- Eat breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day for many reasons. Research suggests that people who eat breakfast on a consistent basis tend to have a lower body mass index (BMI) compared to those who didn’t. In addition, eating breakfast often enables a person to have lower intake throughout the day.
If you are interested in our rapid and long-lasting weight loss program, contact Soza Weight Loss today for more information.