When you realize that it is time that you need to lose weight for the sake of a better, healthier lifestyle, you need to choose a program that is geared toward your specific needs.
The first step is to discuss your plan with a healthcare provider. A doctor can review your medical history and recommend a weight loss program that is both safe and effective. Make sure you have questions prepared, perhaps possible weight loss programs that you are interested in, and be ready to take down notes, so you record the important aspects of the discussion with your doctor.
It is imperative to understand that long-term, successful weight control involves changing your entire lifestyle. Not only should the program focus on what you eat, but your overall health as well.
Safe and effective weight loss programs include:
- Proper plan to keep weight off for the rest of your life
- Adequate guidance to develop healthy eating and physical activity habits
- Continuous monitoring, feedback, and support
- Gradual and achievable weight loss goals
Professionals involved in the weight loss program should be ready to answer any questions you may have. Please, take into special consideration the program’s specific features, safety, costs, and of course, results.
The following are the types of questions you should ask when you choose a weight loss program:
- What does the weight loss program include?
- Do you offer group courses or one-on-one development?
- Must I adhere to a special meal plan or track the food I consume?
- Do I need to purchase special meals or supplements
- Can I be flexible about the food I eat, based on my likes and dislikes?
- Once I lose weight, does this plan involve how to keep it off?
- What certifications, credentials, education, and experience do the staff possess?
- What results do people who participate in this program typically have?
In addition, you must be wary of programs that advertise with false claims, such as:
- Lose weight without any diet or exercise!
- Eat your favorite foods while losing weight!
- Lose 30 pounds in just 30 days!
At Soza Weight Loss Clinic, we provide specific solutions toward rapid and long-lasting results. For more information about our various programs, contact us and speak with our professional staff today.